This year's to do list. Not resolutions. To Do List:
- Make one massive epiphany. The kind that occurs near the end of an episode of House or crime solving shows where one unrelated conversation mentions an insignificant detail which happens to trigger the memory or idea of a missing clue that solves the mystery disease/murder. Except instead of all of that it will be about my life in some way (friends, boys, family, uni, jobs)
- Have one proper holiday with friends. I'm serious, guys. At this point in friendship it's kind of weird we've never organised a big get-away-together. We always say that we'll go Melbourne or Gold Coast or even Wagga but never follow through. I don't care about where we go. As long as there is substantial planning, a journey we have to take towards destination that lasts more than an hour, bickering and jokes and music and junk snacks on said journey and hell of a lot of fun.
- Fucking try this year, Courtney. At most, try in terms of uni work.
- Have at least half a boyfriend by the end of the year. By "half a boyfriend", I mean a guy who I am interested in romantically and who also reciprocates this. Half a boyfriend means that we don't go to parties together or have joint birthday gifts for his friend because I'm awkwardly going to his friend's birthday party as a plus one but I don't know him well enough to buy him a present and so I halfsies scab of my guy to look half decent and to impress his friends. Full boyfriends do that shit. Half boyfriend means shy kisses, "hanging out" alone with each other, hving insulting yet endearing nicknames for each other and maybe even an inside joke or two. Interest is established and is being tested. That kind of thing. I guess. Doesn't have to be exactly like that, but you know what I mean.
- Have at least one part time job whether at woolies or a different establishment.
- Exercise. Ok the thing with this is that I know I'm a lazy fuck. So by exercise I mean that I will do at least one full day of something every.....month? Or maybe take up an extracurricular thing. Like pole or silks.
- More effort with friends. More effort to communicate. More effort to spend time with each other. More time to be better friends. It's not hard. It shouldn't be.
- Art more. Write more.