Life is good. I'm probably making some things more stupid and complicated than it should be (I'm looking at you, uni). But other than that I'm pretty happy with how things are.
- Reconnecting and going out with good friends
- Helping friends in times of need. We're all realising entering into a relationship and adjusting to a life without one can be the hardest thing ever.
- Michelle is moving out by July. Cannot express how amazing that news is.
- Working at Woolies and having expendable income is the best. New analogue film camera, some sick as camera film, CLOTHES, and tickets to outings.
- Also making a lot of really good friends at work and at uni. It's so strange how these things just happen.
- Hanging out with Gino a lot more now that he's moved back. To the eastern suburbs. To the exact same street as me. To the exact same building he used to live in. Crazy.
- Winnie and Filia are due to have their boys in less than 2 months! What the fuck! Did I not just go to their weddings, like, yesterday? Super excited to spoil and teach these guys what I know.
- So random fact about me: I am a total hidden object game addict. Those games where you have to find objects and solves puzzles in order to solve a crime or mystery. That shit is my jam. I've played pretty much every single one available on the Apps store for Mac.
- One night Michelle comes home from a date night with Jason. Around Sydney, and the world, right now are escape rooms. Fucking. Escape. Rooms.
- People are locked into a room with a theme with a group of friends and use everything they can to try and get out of the room.
- I went with Mila, Jesse and Gino on Thursday.
- The one at Strike on the Harbour.
- It was amazing.
- People think I'm joking when I keep saying this but: I think I found my fucking niche. I want to master all these rooms. Around Sydney. Around Australia. Around the world. And then create my own Escape Room.
- I'm not joking. I'm 100% serious.
- As I was walking home one day I was thinking to myself: "Man I wish that when I thought I escaped one room, it just lead to another and then another and another." The Escape Rooms at Strike only had two rooms each scenario.
- So I came up with the idea: I need to buy a whole block of houses or an apartment or something so that you need to escape not only just the room, but the building also. HARDCORE AMIRITE
- So, yeah, there is that.
AND ANOTHER THING:
- More self confidence.
- Buy things that make you and people happy. Why not? Of course save at least a third of the paycheck for the future.
- But if you think you really need a leather jacket that will make you looking fuckhot kick ass, then do it.
- If you wanna see someone live in concert, don't be afraid to go by yourself. Make friends and be safe.
- Tweet, update your Facebook, Instagram and Vine as much as you fucking want and can. When the hell are you going to think, "Man, I wish I didn't document so many things that made me happy and that I wanted to remember"?
- Self-love = Self-care: drink more water, get more sleep, when you get an idea then get it out and on paper or computer as soon as possible (this applies to general thoughts and uni stuff as well), indulge but don't gorge (I can eat a whole pizza by my self and probs be still hungry, I'll do it but don't forget to balance and moderate and shit.)
- Explore. I've gotten really into buy and looking into magazines that tell you about events around Sydney. Festivals, markets, conventions, plays, operas, cafes, clubs. They're all actually right there and not too hard to get to. Some free, some not. If you have an inkling of an interest then go for it.