Saturday 16 August 2008

Ricefest!

Today I went to this thing called Ricefest which is a catholic festival with food, games and talks.

I met Mtt at the statues of heads at Central and i got there first so I was standing by myself, lonered and awkward until Mtt came. Then we bought train tickets to Homebush and Laur came. We caught the train and I met "Panda" and "Fish" and Mtt became "Bear."

We got there and met Chris. So many people and me, Laur and Ch were just standing there all awkward. Mtt went with his youth group. We waited for, the least, 15 minutes while some people started breakdancing and people crowded around. We finally went in and we went to the Rice Cafe which was full of bean bags, candy, chips, drinks and people who randomly came up to you and talked to you. After that we just walked around.

We saw Mtt and introduced me to K. Mtt then went off with his youth group so K, Laur, Ch and me stuck together the whole day. We played A LOT of games it was so fun. We played tug-of-war twice and won both times, I beat Laur in an obstacle course, he beat me in sumo wrestling, we all threw flour balls at each other, went on the jumping castle, listened to live music and listened to the talks.

The talks were about Jesus and God and what we could do to be closer to them, they were really good! Live music = LIVE PLAYJERISE! woooooooot! they were there! So good at guitar.

When it finished me, Laur and Mtt and Mtt's youth group took the train back to central and S picked me up.


Nxt week I'm going to RiceRally which is like a concert. I'm going with Kwistophe, K and Mtt.

1 comment:

emily jane said...

cool =D

one of my goals is to go to Rice next year ! sounds like heaps of fun ^^