Saturday 7 January 2012

Fourteen. Do you believe in fate/destiny?

To certain extents.

The idealist in me wants to believe in destiny and fate. I can understand why people don't like the idea that everything was pre-determined or something. I get that. But I don't mind it. For me, it kind of makes sense.

I kind of believe that we all have a certain purpose in life, maybe more than one. For someone it might be to achieve major change, for others it might just be to help that person make the change. Or something like that. The road or the way we get to that goal can be up to us; e.g. easy way, hard way, long time, short time etc.

This all ties in with my other belief that everything happens for a greater reason.

Another weird random theory/idea I have has to do with time travel. I don't know why. BUT, there is a future, and the future us did the exact stuff present us to get to that point. But then I guess it's kind of contradictory how I like the idea of infinite alternate realities exist where every moment, choice, second made can have endless possible outcomes and there are other dimensions or something where the different possibilities and results occurred. I don't know if I'm making sense....

Fate, yes I believe in fate. Destiny is kind of flexible and weird in my book....

No comments: