Wednesday 28 March 2012

Weep

So one of my all time favourite songs is We Don't Eat by James Vincent McMorrow. Found it in Year 11 or 10 and just loved the song ever since. I decided to download all of McMorrow's songs on the weekend because he has the kind of voice I want to marry and be with forever.

Today after my exam, I had a singing lesson but I had to wait 1 and half hours. So me and my friends went to the cafe near my school for some lunch. This cafe has those kinds of stands that have random postcards and notices. When we were about to leave, I saw this postcard:

So of course I took one. Got home and realised. HE IS COMING TO SYDNEY. But then I'm like "Oh it's probably going to be a school night or really expensive" So I checked the date. IT'S ON THE FIRST MONDAY IN THE HOLIDAYS. Checked the website. 44$ FOR A TICKET WITH HIS NEW ALBUM INCLUDED. I was excited. I was happy. I was going out of my mind. It was originally sold out but due to high demand, they moved to a bigger venue and more tickets were available. This was fate. I was meant to go and listen to this man live.



And then:

I noticed this one detail:

I'M GOING TO BE 18 THIS YEAR. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO. THIS IS BULL. NO.

So long story short. My heart is broken

No comments: