Wednesday 30 January 2013

American Australian's

I find it so strange that there are Australian celebrities that are a million times more appreciated in the states or other countries then in Australia. There are people that I understand: Hugh Jackman, Heath Ledger, Hemsworth brothers, Cate Blanchette etc. But then there are these people:

Keith Urban. To me, he's an Aussie country singer who is married to Nicole Kidman and was a judge on AUS Voice. But then me and my friends are watching previews in the cinema. An ad comes on and informs us that all two of his concerts were sold out and so a third one has been announced. Me and my friend gave each other this look. The look that said WHO THE FUCK GOES TO KEITH URBAN CONCERTS AND HOW DID TWO OF THEM ALREADY SELL OUT AND WHY IS THERE A THIRD ONE. And then 2013 Golden Globes, he was nominated for his original score in a film. And he was a highly regarded judge on American Idol. I don't get it America....Not that I'm not saying he's not talented or anything. I just don't get it.

I actually had a whole list going on inside my head but after that rant and not writing down that mental list....I forgot.


No comments: