Tuesday 1 January 2013

Twenty Thirteen

And so midnight passed and (part of) the world yet again celebrates entering a new year. To be honest I really didn't give much of a shit?

I didn't do anything at the time. I was playing Zoo Tycoon 2 on an old laptop and the only other person in the house was Dad who was watching his shows outside. It took numerous mass New Years texts in order for me to realise it was past twelve a.m. and that the fireworks started in Darling Harbour. I turned the television on as background noise and really didn't look at the screen.

Maybe it was because I didn't do anything special at all today or maybe it was the fact that I secretly hated more than half of 2012 because some pretty shit things went down but 2013 isn't really doing it for me yet. I'm not trying to be a downer. I really do hope for the best in 2013 but right now I can't feel or think anything new or revolutionary for the new year.

It's probably very strange for a person in my place to say and feel that considering I just finished 13 years of school which concluded with a shitastic HSC (I got 73.5 btw. Scaling is a bitch and a half) and I have uni ahead of me (if I get in, that is. Scaling can go die in a fire or jump off a cliff for all I care. No one would mourn) A whole new chapter. The beginning of a new journey. My future awaits me. One door closed and another one opens. And any other stupid ass cliche you can think of.

I'll post New Years Resolutions which I most probably will not stick to after a month, maximum:

  • Commit and stick to my review site: http://fongsreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Write and post more up on here
  • Continue to explore fields of strength, passion and interest for future careers that'll make me globally known for some reason and then I become rich and famous and I'll be able to do what I want, get what I want and so forth.
  • Lose weight. Lol I've already half given up on that after I wrote it.
  • I really don't know. I don't really have any high expectations or hope for me right now. I need something to set me off.
So may this year be a bajillion times better than it's first impression on me. And all the best of luck, hope, wishes for all my non-existent readers.



No comments: